PO Box 7169
Notice and takedown policy
If you are concerned that you have found material on our website, for which you have not given permission, contravenes privacy law, is obscene/defamatory and in terms of copyright law is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact us in writing (email or letter) stating the following:
- Your contact details.
- The full details of the material.
- The full URL where you found the material.
- If the request relates to copyright, provide proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
- The reason for your request including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation etc.
Upon receipt of notification, the Notice and Takedown Procedure is then invoked as follows:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity of the complaint.
- Upon receipt of a valid complaint the material will be temporarily removed from the website pending an agreed solution.
- We will contact the contributor who included the material, if relevant. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a compliant, under what allegations, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
- The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the Rambling Readers website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the Rambling Readers website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the Rambling Readers website.
- If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable until a time when a resolution has been reached.