We want participation in the Rambling Readers community to be a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender
identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status,
nationality, personal appearance, race, caste, colour, religion, or sexual
identity and orientation.
All members should act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming,
diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behaviour that contributes to a positive environment for our
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes,
and learning from the experience
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address,
without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a
If you are being harassed by a member of Rambling Readers, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the administrator, Marcus Young. He can be found locally at @email@example.com or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, the administrators may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from Rambling Readers.
The administrators reserve the right to update the Code of Conduct at any time at their discretion. Updates to the Code of Conduct will be communicated to users via email and posts from administrator accounts.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant,
version 2.1, available at